Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fitness Thread

Eric

Staff member
May 12, 2021
Texas
In the previous forum I had suggested we start some type of group fitness accountability group and Kristen having done thousands of beach body courses was going to contribute to our morale boost lol I’d like to see a section for Fitness and see what flourishes of it. For the time being, i’d like to chit chat here with others on what they do to prepare before they embark into their various outdoors activities.

During this pandemic, I have been confined to doing “jail” workouts. Not as motivated as using machines and free weights at the local gym, but they will do for the time being.

Reactions: Canadian Craftsman

Eric

Staff member
May 12, 2021
Texas
What is a jail workout?
Jail workouts are basically workouts that can be done using only your own body weight, sometimes you can include dumbbells, but basically just sit-ups, pushups, planks, lunges, squats, etc…

The method derives from people who are in jail, don't have anything else to do other than exercise, and they aren't allowed any equipment in their cells. So they are referred to as jail workouts.

Ben

Administrator
Staff member
May 11, 2021
Michigan
Jail workouts are basically workouts that can be done using only your own body weight, sometimes you can include dumbbells, but basically just sit-ups, pushups, planks, lunges, squats, etc…

The method derives from people who are in jail, don't have anything else to do other than exercise, and they aren't allowed any equipment in their cells. So they are referred to as jail workouts.
I'd like to start some type of workout routine.

Reactions: Eric